Friday, 24 January 2014

Returned 23/01/14


I have no clue how to start this post without it sounding painfully forced and awkward. Such is life when you haven't consistently blogged in almost a year.


I've thought a lot about returning to the blogging world over the past few months. I think what made me so wary of actually doing so was that I couldn't help but see blogging as hopelessly and unjustifiably narcissistic. Whenever someone asked me what I blogged about, I was always ashamed in part to say that I posted photos of myself and what I wore. It sounded really superficial to me. However, I don't think of that as the case anymore. There's nothing wrong with appreciating yourself and what you wear and wanting to share that with the world. I've never understood why people are expected to be constantly modest, and I think it's healthy to acknowledge what you like about yourself, even through such a public medium. I like what I wear. I like interacting with people in the blogging community. I like documenting my life. I'm getting self-conscious about how many times I've said the word "I" in this post.

I don't know why I'm trying to justify blogging to a bunch of people who probably also blog themselves.

I had all these things that I wanted to say in this post and promptly forgot them as soon as I sat down to write it, so I'll just leave this here. Hopefully, this post will be the first of many. We'll see how it goes.

(photo of me at the White Cube gallery in Bermondsey taken by the lovely Olivia R., xoxo)


7 comments:

  1. YES YES YES YES YES SO MUCH HAPPINESS YES. Oh and this is beautifully written and you've captured a lot of thoughts I've also had but couldn't put into words. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like how many fashion bloggers are aware of the narcissism involved in fashion, it makes me feel better about the industry. also looking forward to seeing more of your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The narcissism we feel as bloggers has a lot to do with our female identity and some sort of external expectation we feel from society. But we don't exist other than to make ourselves happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. much love much love!! so good. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think sharing personal style and interests with other people is absolutely positive!! i had similar thoughts once, but there's nothing narcisstic in having a blog, especially when you also want to meet people with similar hobbies. thanks to my blog i managed to show my art and style to the bigger amount of people and it makes me happy ^^.
    so hey, i'm glad that i'll be seeing your posts on my dashboard again! can't wait for the next outfit and thoughts ^^

    visit me sometime - www.pigeongray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I just want to tell you that I love your blog <3

    ReplyDelete